Last updated on October 18th, 2020 at 02:13 pmI am a huge oatmeal fan. Oatmeal for breakfast or lunch is a regular staple for me. It’s super easy to throw together and keeps me full for hours. The only problem? During the summer months, I can’t bring myself to eat anything overly warm for breakfast. Overnight oats are my go to during the warmer months, and I love that I can throw everything together the night before and just grab and go in the mornings. I actually think overnight oats have a different texture than warm oatmeal. It’s creamier, thicker, and tastier in my opinion. I can see myself having overnight oats well into the chillier months ahead. There are so many overnight oat recipes out there but chocolate cranberry overnight oats has been my favorite so far. It’s super simple to put together, and each ingredient is things I normally have in my pantry.
Chocolate Cranberry Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 cup organic almond milk or any other non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 tsp organic agave or maple syrup
- 1 handful dried cranberries
- 1 handful organic toasted or shredded coconut for topping
- Place oats and cocoa powder in an airtight container (I use mason jars) and mix well. Make sure the cocoa powder evenly covers the oats.
- Add in the almond milk and agave syrup. Mix everything well.
- Cover and store in fridge overnight.
- Top with cranberries and toasted coconut and enjoy!
Disclosure: If you make a purchase through one of my links, I may earn an affiliate commission. It’s at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting this blog.