Last updated on September 3rd, 2020 at 04:30 pmPumpkin season is the best season in my opinion! A Pumpkin Spice latte is one of my favorite drinks during the fall. My wallet doesn’t love them so much though and let’s be real there is way more sugar in one Venti PSL than I should consume in a day. I actually like to order my PSLs with only two pumps because the full five pumps is just too much for me. So in an effort to keep money in my wallet and cut back on the extra sugar, I’ve started making my own pumpkin spice lattes at home with collagen and MCT oil added in!
Healthy Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 cup non-dairy milk I use almond or oat
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice & ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 tbsp MCT Oil
- Add milk, pumpkin puree, and maple syrup to a pot and simmer on a medium heat whisking frequently. Heat until it’s hot but not at a boil - about five minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, collagen powder and MCT oil.
- Pour mixture into a blender (I use my Ninja 16oz cups) and blend until frothy and well mixed. Instead of a blender you can use a handheld frother too!
- Pour pumpkin spice mixture into coffee.
- Top with extra cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice and enjoy!
This post is not meant to be a substitute for informed medical advice from a doctor. Always check with your doctor before changing your diet, altering your sleep habits, taking supplements, or starting a new fitness routine.
Disclosure: If you make a purchase through one of my links, I may earn an affiliate commission. It’s at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting this blog.